Wow. I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since my (da da dummmmm!) DAY OF AWESOME!
I had originally planned to take the afternoon off to decorate The Queen’s apartment for her birthday which would have been cool in itself. But then some friends asked if I wanted to go see the new Twi!ight premier with them. And while I’m not a *huge* fan (disclaimer: I did read all the books), I’m always up for a girls night. After further researching and planning we discovered the theater offered the “marathon” option….ie…we could purchase tickets to watch all 4 movies in a row. Which meant we would have seats reserved and would be in the theater around 3:30. Which meant no waiting in line in the cold for hours. Score. So I decided to take off the whole day and take The Queen to breakfast before she went to work and I ninja’d her home and then watched hours of bad film. And THEN another friend won the opportunity to bowl the first game at a new family friendly bowling alley and asked if I’d join her.
So the schedule was:
- Wake up around 7
- Realize I’d missed a call from our roommate saying the car had died leaving her stranded on the side of the interstate. (Thankfully her friend rescued her but the car was still there)
- Meet The Queen for breakfast
- “Drive” the car while hubs towed it to the mechanic. (This part was NOT AWESOME by the way)
- Return to my car, meet my friend at the bowling alley.
- Attempt to bowl while socializing and taking pictures and laughing
- Get a text from Missy saying she’d forgotten to leave the back door unlocked.
- Finish putting together The Queen’s gift basket and drop it off at her work instead of bombing her house with streamers, balloons and confetti.
- Meet other friends at theater. Settle in for ten hours.
- Giggle and debate Team Edward or Team Jacob and explain to one of the teenagers that having a guy sneak in and watch you sleep is NOT ROMANTIC IT’S CREEPY EVEN IF THEY GET MARRIED. Eat lots of random snacks. Talk and laugh and talk and giggle.
- Stumble to the car, somehow drive home and collapse into bed thankful that it’s Friday and the office expects you to be a zombie.
Day. Of. Awesome.