Things that made me smile or that I am grateful for in the past week:
- The weather. It’s been BEAUTIFUL (See this weeks’ Wordless Wednesday) – a little chilly at times – but we’ve been able to have the windows open a LOT. And even the one morning it POURED rain, the storm was impressive & needed before the clouds scuttled away to reveal a gorgeous afternoon.
- Saturday night was UFC. A bunch of us gathered at our friends’ house, snacks in hand. The opportunity to hang out with good friends while watching men beat each other bloody is priceless. And bonus – my husband made these Siracha Veggie Cheese Balls and Sauce. They were surprisingly delicious. And I didn’t have to think about what to bring or make anything leaving me free to study…and watch the Ironman race. And nap.
- We took a small break after we stepped down as Lifegroup leaders (aka small groups or community groups or…whatever…at other churches). But Monday we attended a new one. I went reluctantly but we really enjoyed it. I think we’ve found our new home. Also – the hosts/leaders have a puppy that my husband promptly adored. The feeling was mutual.
- The older boys have youth group on Wed night. Jon takes them & goes to the gym while they’re busy. Which means I get to stay home (with Lilbit) and enjoy a few hours to focus on school or whatever else needs my attention. This week it was the latest episode of “Once Upon a Time”. Don’t judge. It needed my attention. (I got school done too.)
- I GOT AN “A” ON MY LATEST A&P TEST. It’s the first A on an (actual) test in that class. AND the class average was 79%. Not that that matters. (But it kinda does)